Jen - Cheshire Rural Touring Arts
Cheshire Rural Touring Arts does call out for Dance Initiative
The Rural Touring Dance Initiative (RTDI) is a national project which supports dance artists & rural promoters to make great dance performance events happen in rural spaces.
The project is run by The Place in partnership with Highlights, National Rural Touring Forum (NRTF), Sonia Sabri Co. and Take Art. In 2022 the project was awarded grants from Arts Council England and Esmee Fairbairn Foundation to continue to support dance touring from 2022 to 2026.
We are seeking artists to take part in this project. This is an opportunity for you to tour existing work to rural locations during autumn 2023 and spring 2024.
TOURING ARTISTS WILL RECEIVE:
A fee per performance of £1,000 – £1,500 (including VAT) depending on scale and cost
The opportunity to apply for a bursary to support the costs of adapting the show for rural touring (the average bursary awarded will be £2,000)
The opportunity to adapt your show during a residency in a village hall or similar space
A space on the Practical Introduction to Rural Touring Lab
Marketing and producing support
Support to develop the accessibility of your touring show
Support to minimise the environmental footprint of your show
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please read the Frequently Asked Questions and complete the Application Form by midday on Thu 8 September 2022. Questions are available as a PDF and Word Doc below, but final answers must be submitted via the Application Form.
Please also complete our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form.
This form is optional and helps us to monitor if our Call Outs are reaching groups that are currently underrepresented in our programmes. These forms will not been seen by the selection panel.
If there are opportunities to see your work from July to September 2022 then please invite by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot guarantee that someone will be able to attend.
We encourage applications from artists with a range of lived experiences and from a range of backgrounds, and we particularly welcome applications from those who are underrepresented in the dance sector, including artists from Global Majority backgrounds, artists who identify as LGBTQ+, disabled artists and artists from lower socio economic backgrounds.
- Deadline for applications: midday, Thu 8 September 2022
- RTDI Call Out Q&A session: 6pm, Tue 23 August 2022 (this session will be BSL interpreted). To request a video recording of this session, please contact us.
- Selected artists notified: 14th October 2022
- Eight shows will be selected for the sixth national dance menu, including at least one family and one digital work, by a panel of representatives from the RTDI partners (The Place, NRTF, Take Art, Sonia Sabri Co and Highlights).
- Successful applicants will be invited to attend the Practical Introduction to Rural Touring for Dance Lab in 22-24 November 2022.This Lab is compulsory.
- If required, you will make adaptations to your show so that it is suitable for rural touring.
- Touring will take place between September 2023 and June 2024.