Zoe - Big Imaginations
Big Imaginations Artist Imagination Fund
Please note: This opportunity is for artists making and creating theatre or performance experiences aimed at children and families. You must be from the North West or Yorkshire.
Big Imaginations wants to reconnect with artists making and creating theatre or performance experiences for children and families. We want to know what you need and how we can best support you. Whether that be a workshop or the space to develop your next storytelling show, we want to hear from you!
What is it?
We have £10,000 that we want to share between artists based in the North West and Yorkshire who are making or want to make work for children and families.
We want to hear from you if you need some help and support to get your ideas off the ground!
The kinds of things we are looking to support are:
- Research and Development
- Professional development
- Theatre or storytelling in non-traditional spaces, such as libraries, museums, church halls, galleries, etc.
- Stories that haven’t been told yet
The ways we can support:
- Advice / mentoring
- Touring (theatres and non-traditional spaces)
- Access to a wide programming network
Big Imaginations is a region-wide group of venues and promoters dedicated to bringing brilliant children’s theatre to the North of England. From grand auditoriums to rural village halls and everything in between, our mission is to spark the imagination of children aged 0-13’s with the wonder of theatre. Big Imaginations has brought together 23 venues to make the North’s children’s theatre offer bigger, better and more affordable.
We are passionate about creating theatre in spaces right at the heart of the community where people live, work and relax, ensuring that families across the North can enjoy and celebrate the magic of children’s theatre wherever they are.
Please consider the following when applying:
- How will you respond to the Creative Case for Diversity?
Big Imaginations are particularly interested in artists who have a commitment to reflecting the diversity of the modern family, including people from protected characteristics groups
- How will you consider environmental sustainability?
E.G. This may be within the creative process, how you might reduce your carbon footprint in the making or touring of the show, or impact on the natural environment.
- How will you consider accessibility in all senses of the word?
Big Imaginations is committed to enabling as many children as possible to enjoy the work we programme. We want you to think about how people with additional needs and disabilities can access the work.
- How will you consider children as co-creators?
E.G. working with children during the Research & Development stage, getting feedback from children at a sharing or a deeper involvement that responds to the children’s voice.
Our venues have very different limitations and opportunities, and we work hard to create a quality experience within these parameters.
- North West or Yorkshire based
- Artists who want to make theatre or performance experiences for children and families.
How to apply:
- What you want us to support (this should be a maximum of 250 words or can be submitted by film or audio recording), and why you need this support.
- Please be clear about the amount of financial support you require if that is what is needed.
- A summary of previous work and any photos and/or video clips (max 5 mins)
Please send completed applications to email@example.com by 10am on Monday 6th December.
If we feel a second round is necessary anyone who is shortlisted will be sent a follow up stage 2 application and will be paid £150 to cover a day of your time to complete it.
If you need support with any elements of the application process, have any specific access needs for the application process, or have any questions and would like an informal chat ahead of applying, please contact Zoe on 0161 226 1912 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional funding will be available to support you being able to access this opportunity and to support your access needs, please add any requirements as an additional budget line and contact Zoe on 0161 226 1912 or email@example.com if you have any questions.